IF I CHOOSE TO WORK WITH CUPBOARDSKITCHENBATHDISCOUNTERS.COM, WHAT WOULD THE PROCESS BE LIKE?
Lets Get Started
When you work with cupboardskitchenbathdiscounter.com, you'll be part of the design and construction process during the entire project. We'll begin a potential remodeling effort by engaging you in free consultation sessions. We'll sit down with you one-on-one to discuss your project in full detail. Since we are a well-rounded design/build firm (We do both the design AND the construction!), we can easily work with you to design a realistic and affordable remodeling vision. We will carefully keep track of your requirements, your requests, and your budget so there are never any surprises down the line. After the initial consultation - where we've discussed your remodeling aspirations and requirements - we'll discuss your budget and offer you a price estimate and preliminary design ideas for the project. We'll then send you a Pre-Construction Design Agreement to review and sign. This document will describe your project's cost and scope in full detail. Once the Agreement is signed, we can begin the intensive remodeling process.
- One of cupboardskitchenbathdiscounter.com, professional designers will work with you to craft a bathroom or kitchen remodeling vision that meets (and exceeds) your exact specifications and aspirations. We'll take careful measurements of the space you wish to remodel and we'll begin planning the future bathroom and kitchen layout. If you like, our team of computer visualizers can even create a digital 3D model of your remodeling vision so you can see what the finished project will look like befor any construction work even starts! This way you can suggest and view color schemes, material finishes, layouts, and other details before the first sledgehammer even hits the drywall.
SORTING OUT THE DETAILS
- Before we begin the actual construction work, we want to make sure all the design details have been worked out. We'll schedule a design review meeting where we'll both thoroughly look over the proposed design (plans, elevations, drawings, renderings, and scope-of-work assessments) to make sure everything meets your expectations. We'll review your material, color, and finish selections, and we'll address any other questions and concerns you may have. We'll determine the final design of things like cabinets, floors, lighting,and other minutia. This step ensures that everyone is on the same page before the construction begins. We'll also finalize the working plans and the contract budget.
THE CONSTRUCTION PROCESS
- About two weeks before construction is scheduled to begin, we'll arrange a pre-construction meeting to review the construction schedule with you. We want to make sure you are fully involved in the construction process, so for each week that we're involved in construction work we will do a weekly walk-through with you to discuss the construction process and obtain your feedback on the work in progress. If something doesn't seem right, please make sure to tell us! It's always easier to fix something during construction than after construction. We consider the walk-through process essential to ensure we're constantly meeting your expectations, and we pride ourselves on providing a service that few other remodeling firms offer.
If you'd like to learn more about the actual remodeling process, please read our bathroom and kitchen remodeling process below:
OUR KITCHEN AND BATHROOM REMODELING PROCESS
- We'd like to share our remodeling process with you so that you can better understand the scope-of-work associated with a bathroom or kitchen remodel and be better prepared to plan a realistic budget for your project. Of course, each project is unique and may involve more tasks than the standard tasks listed below:
DEMOLITION AND REPAIR WORK
- We begin a standard bathroom or kitchen remodeling project by gutting the entire existing bathroom or kitchen (walls, ceiling, and floor) to the bare studs. We then inspect the integrity of the framing and correct any structural issues as necessary. Next we inspect the quality of the existing plumbing and electrical work and correct any problems so that they meet current building codes.
INSTALLATION OF INSULATION
- After the framing, plumbing, and electrical work in the bathroom or kitchen is complete, we then install insulation where necessary. We take into consideration where the bathroom or kitchen is located in relation to the other rooms of the house, and the wall thickness, and we proceed to install the proper insulation for the walls, ceilings, and floors.
INSTALLATION OF WALLS AND SUBFLOORING
- Now the bathroom or kitchen needs to be enclosed. We install 1/2" thick moisture/mold /mildew resistant drywall on the walls and ceilings and 3/4" thick plywood onthe floor. We then install the subfloor on top of the plywood - the type of subfloor depends on what kind of finish flooring material the customer would like for their bathroom or kitchen.
PREPARATION OF DRYWALL
- Once the bathroom or kitchen is enclosed, we then tape the drywall and spackle and sand it to a smooth finish. The drywall is then primed and painted using top-quality products.
INSTALLATION OF WALL AND FLOOR FINISHES
- The finish work is next. The cost and time spent on finish work can vary from project to project depending on the customer's material selections and the layout/design of the bathroom and kitchen. For example, the floors can be finished with stone, granite, marble, ceramic, porcelain, VCT, linoleum, hardwood flooring, and many other possibilities. Likewise the walls can be finished with stone, granite, marble, ceramic, porcelain, glass, wainscoting, and may other options. All materials are installed using the manufacturer`s recommendations and the current, most up-to-date construction practices.
INSTALLATION OF PLUMBING FIXTURES
- We then install the plumbing fixtures (tubs, toilets, vanity sinks and faucets, showers, etc.) and connect them to the plumbing network.
INSTALLATION OF MISCELLANEOUS ACCESSORIES
- The next-to-last step involves the installation of finishing details such as trimwork, medicine cabinets, hardware, mirrors, towel racks, shelves, and so on.
CLEAN UP AND TESTING
- After all the construction work is complete, we clean up the entire job site and dispose of all the debris. At this point the bathroom or kitchen is ready to use! The customer is given a couple days to inspect and test the finished remodeling project. They are encouraged to offer corrections/suggestions via a touch up/punch list - we address all the issues on the punch list and then the project is officially considered complete. The completion time for a standard bathroom or kitchen remodeling project usually ranges from three to six weeks
cupboardskitchenbathdiscounter.com,. conducts all renovation work to meet the most up-to-date building practices, standards, and codes.
Montgomery & Fairfax County follows the International Residential Code and the International Building Code for all new construction and renovation work done in the city, so if you are a city resident you may consult the Office of Licenses and Inspections to learn about the building codes, you will need to follow for your bathroom remodeling project. Of course, local building codes will vary throughout the region, so please checkwith your local buildings or safety department to learn about the building codes that will apply to your remodeling project.
Below are some standard code requirements that we follow in all of our renovation projects
TOILET ENCLOSURES: Bathroom stall enclosures must have at least 36"x66" of space.
TOILETS: Their center shall be at least 15" from walls and tubs have a 21" clearance in front.
FAUCETS: Bathroom shower and tub/shower combinations must include anti-scald devices.
BATHROOM LIGHT FIXTURES: At least one permanent fixture must be included, and it must be controlled by a wall switch.
WALL SWITCH: The wall switch must be at least 60" from tubs and showers.
WASTE AND DRAINAGE LINES: Such lines must slope 1/4" per foot towards the main DWV stack to aid flow and prevent blockage.
ELECTRICAL RECEPTACLES: All receptacles must be GFCI-protected.
Enjoy your Fantastic new Bathroom or Kitchen
- Once we've finished rejuvenating your remodeling project, we'll ask you to fill out a final corrections and touch-up punch list. We'll list the tasks we have completed along with any final finishing tasks we intend to complete. We'll also ask you to inspect and test your bathroom or kitchen for several days with the list in hand - you will have the opportunity to add any final requests or corrections to the list. We'll complete any outstanding items on the list as quickly as possible and then we'll bask in the satisfaction of knowing that we've helped another thrilled client make their bathroom or kitchen renovation dream come true. Enjoy your newly remodeled bathroom or kitchen!